Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May TBR

I've finally made my way through my giant stack of library books and I can jump into my recent book buys. Is anyone else like this? If you have library books you have to put your own books aside because of extreme anxiety about borrowing someone else's books and getting it back to them in a timely manner... it can't be just me. Anywho, I can't read my own books when I have library books. BUT THE PROBLEM IS I am always putting library books on hold because I hear of some great super cool new book that I want and I can't spend a ton of money on books all the time.... so my library stack is usually pretty big and usually added to like once a week at least. I had to put myself on a library ban. For real. I banned myself from checking out any more books. We still make weekly trips to the library for the kids so it.was.hard. I got through it and now I'm on the other side and I'm about to dive into my OWN books! Worth it in the end.

Getting into my May TBR- I made it a small stack so that I don't get overwhelmed so there will probably be more than this read but I like to underestimate myself so that later I can exceed my goal and be like way to go, April, you are so good at life and reading and book stuff.

Without further ado, the books I plan to read this month-



The Pigman (Paul Zindel)- This will be a reread for me. I remember really enjoying this book in high school so I'm hoping to still enjoy it. I found it at the used book store for 1 dollar and couldn't pass it up.

The Son of Neptune (Rick Riordan)- My ongoing read-out-loud book with the first born. I really enjoy this Heroes of Olympus series. I'm hoping we'll finish this up in the next couple of weeks.

Dorothy Must Die (Danielle Paige)- I've been scoping out local book shops and saw this at an adorable Beauty and the Beast library-esque place and just thought it looked and sounded cool. I love a good retelling.



The Maze Runner (James Dashner)- I've heard mixed things and I didn't know if I wanted to actually purchase this book but I found it in mint condition at a used book place and thought what the hell. I've actually just finished this one today and I really liked it.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Benjamin Alire Saenz)- I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I couldn't wait to get to it. I might read this one next. I mean, just the cover is beautiful.

I have a few other recent purchases in mind to start this month (maybe start the Mortal Instruments series finally?) but we'll see how it goes. No pressure!

That's it for me today. Happy reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment