Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Going Ons

We are enjoying our summer. Coming up on the last few weeks with the first born home from school. The weather is not exactly favorable with all the rain we've had but at least it's not hot as balls anymore. Sometimes the humidity is enough to make you suffocate though. Still. Even with the rain we still play outside. You can't keep us indoors for long!



There is much gardening and harvesting. We planted new carrots and some peas. We have a steady supply of delicious cucumbers that are the most cucumbery thing I've ever tasted. Amazing tomatoes, a few zucchini. Still waiting to see if any melons will happen, so far they are just blossoming. I have some new seeds in from a fabulous Etsy shop, Sheltering Woods, that I am so excited about. I've enjoyed this garden, our very first. I've learned a lot and it has been such a therapy.






Things have been quite productive actually. I have a few new things in the Etsy shop. I've started working on birthday and Christmas gifts. Crocheting along whenever I can. My favorite things I've made so far have been a Bower Bird hoop from Attic 24 for my Mama and some little dolls customized to resemble my daughter and niece (for Christmas, shhhh don't tell them). I am finding so much joy in this craft lately. More than usual. Which is nice after my brief but jarring couple of months where the very thought of crocheting made me anxious.




I got myself a hoop as well and I plan on making us a sweet little Bower Bird for our wall soon. It was so fun to make.

School supply shopping is in our very near future. I can't believe summer vacation is nearly over. Less than a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment