Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Baby!

I didn't realize it has been over 2 months since I wrote anything! November and December were a huge blur of trying to prepare for Christmas and finish up gifts, which turned out very successfully!

I finished my blanket the day before Christmas which was good since it was to be a gift, haha. I loved how it turned out. Charcoal and heather gray blocks with lovely gold granny stripes and gold edging-

 
 
 
Very simple pattern but such a huge project! I am absolutely planning on making one for our bedroom though, just have to choose colors.
 
 
So with Christmas finished and no huge projects or gift giving on the horizon for a while I have a lot more free time and my 2014 goal is to work on my selling and to have at least 100 Etsy items listed. I'm excited to work on my goal and I'm excited to expand my shop and maybe even start selling more in real life at craft fairs and such.
 
 
I've had some cute projects working up. I'm digging finger puppets a lot-
 


And I have a major addiction to basket making-

 
And my always present love of hats-
 


My current project (I should say 'bigger project' as I always have about 6 or 7 things working up on the hook at a time but most are small little loves) is a hooded capelet for my girly from the book Little Crochet. I've been eyeing this pattern since buying the book about a year ago and I am just so excited to finally be getting to it! The little lady and I went to the store yesterday and she chose a yarn for her capelet and this was the decision-


Chick has a good eye. I love how the colors are working up.

2014 is off to a very crafty start! I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment