Monday, July 27, 2015

Crochet Lately

Life has had a lot more downs the ups the past 3 weeks. I haven't wanted to blog about much. Depression is pressing down on me pretty hard and family struggles are daily life right now. But in the midst of all of that I've been doing a fair bit of crocheting so lets talk about that! Because it's more fun.

It is the last few months before Christmas so things are about to get hectic up in hurrr. I have some fun gift plans. We also have birthdays and a wedding and plenty of babies being born. I'm glad I made the decision to close up my Etsy shop for the year and take time to make things I wanted and make things for people. A lot less stress.

I can't remember the last things I blogged about my crochet and I am lazy right now and can't be bothered to look it up so I'll just start with a cute bear hat and monster bib for my BFF's baby boy. 


Husband's co-worker asked me to make her future granddaughter, due in September, this pretty shell stitch baby blanket and a fun football hat. I really love how they turned out. Pretty colors.


I took my little miss to see Minions and obviously she needed a hat to match! This has been a big hit. She's not even that big of a Minions fan but she loved the hat and we got a lot of compliments on it. This is a Repeat Crafter Me pattern. I just changed the border color to pink and added a sweet little pink bow to the top because it has been Miss Mae's favorite lately.


A new obsession might have started. This Amish puzzle ball was a cinch to throw together and I love it so much. I made this for BFF's baby and I plan on making more. One for each of my own kiddos and one for my nieces. This pattern is free. There is also a book that I am seriously considering buying that has puzzle ball animals! I want to make a dinosaur so bad.


A sweet little lotus mandala. I made a few and plan to string them up into a little mandala bunting.

Probably the most exciting start to anything in a while. I decided to put that patchwork blanket on the back burner. The tiny squares are just too much for my hands so I'll definitely finish it but I'll take my time and probably spend a couple of years on it. So the first born needed a new idea for a birthday blanket and I decided to try out a graphgan! This little beauty doesn't look like much but if all goes well it should have the Flash symbol on it when I'm done.


That's about it for now! I'm happy to have crochet as a distraction. It's especially needed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment