Friday, May 30, 2014

Room Progress

The purple paint is officially gone! It took me nearly a week from start to finish but I finally repainted the room and I love it. The paint ended up having a soft lavender highlight that I didn't notice before but it's not overwhelming. Can't say I enjoyed the process but I do enjoy the result!

The fun part begins now (or it began on Saturday when I finished). I started planning what would go where on the walls and how exactly I want her room to feel. For a few months I've saved postcards, photos, birthday cards, book jackets and things like that to potentially use in her room. Cheap art! Why not? I'm still tweaking it and there are still a few spaces that I am working on ideas for but it's coming along!

Two of the decorations I actually made this week. The first was a banner with her name. We are working on name recognition and I think it's a nice room accessory in general. I found this lovely free printable on Pinterest and printed out her name along with the stars and used some twine and a fat needle to string them up.


 
She loves it!
 
 
My next little project was just painting a cardboard number 3. Again, it is useful in teaching! And just a fun little bit to have on the wall. I found this at the store for around a dollar and brought it home for painting. I chose an aqua color because it's just one of the happiest colors ever.
 

And here it is all happy and bright and fun on her wall. Right under Olivia, a book jacket I saved, and above her monster calendar, another freebie that I found.  It looks so cute!

 
Some other room views-
 



 
The bunting was used for her birthday party and is now one of her favorite things in her room. Butterfly stickers are also a favorite and a gift from my mother. Over her bookcase are pictures of our little family, including Alice Mae when she was just a little flutter in my uterus. <3 Also some postcards that I've collected through the years. The Love Monster is another book jacket and the Spiderman is from her box of candy on Valentine's day. It's really easy to save things and use them as fun, interesting wall art. Cheap! Recycling! Good things.
 
I still have some projects. The list-
 
-painting the inside of her closet
-adding a closet organizer for PJs, undies, socks, etc
-adding cuter bins for her toys
-making some fun art for over her dresser
-repainting her dresser from green to aqua
-adding blinds
-adding a place for her to display her own artwork
-a few more pieces for the walls
 
It looks long but actually I think it is a pretty easy list! I plan on starting a few of those today. And then it will be on to tackle our bedroom and the first born's.

No comments:

Post a Comment