Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Five

We've survived the first week of the new year! And it was a pretty good one for us.

1. Yoga- I'm challenging myself to complete the 30 days of yoga camp from Yoga with Adriene. I just completed day 7 and I'm so proud of myself! It has been a struggle some days but overall I definitely feel a difference. My body doesn't hurt these days! I feel some soreness from using muscles that have been overlooked for a while, but I don't feel the back pain and joint pain that I'm accustomed to. Bonus- Alice has seen me doing this and she has started her own morning yoga routine as well. If you aren't familiar with yoga for kids, it's SO healthy for them and has so many physical and mental benefits. Cosmic Kids Yoga is amazing and I highly recommend. My kids love it.

2. Making All the Blankets- I started making a granny square and somehow that turned into me making myself a blanket. Then I joined a CAL for a penguin blanket (because PENGUINS!!!!) and so now I am covered in blanket squares. I ain't even mad. I am loving my penguin.



3. Walks- I'm trying to work on my anxiety and get out of the house more. First step has been trying to make a weekly date of walking to the library with the kids. So far so good. We finally had some days with no rain this week and although it was chilly the sun felt so nice.




4. My Favorite Christmas Gift- Percival the Penguin. A painted masterpiece from husband that now sits at home right above my yarn shelves. I love him so much. He is my favorite thing ever.





5. 365- This year I am trying to remember to take a picture of myself every day. For a few reasons. One being I think it will be really cool to see the changes in myself from day 1 to day 365. I'm not stressing about when or where. Usually they are at the end of the day and I look tired and ready for bed, which I am. And that's cool. That's what my life is like and I'm trying to document that in as many ways as possible.



That sums up our first week of 2016. Almost typed 2015. That's gonna happen for another 7 months.


Head on over to September Farm to see more Friday goodness!




2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of 365 photos from the year - I would surely forget but the concept is cool!

    I did yoga for the first time in years yesterday. I'm not really a yogi type person but I enjoyed it. I'm back for more today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am positive I'll forget to take a picture quite a few times! I'm not going to stress over it but I am going to challenge myself to do it as much as possible. Go you! I think I'm on my way to being a yogi and I'm totally cool with that. :)

      Delete