Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Five

Phew. That week went by fast. I'm not complaining. It's hard to believe this is the last weekend of January though. How does time do that? Here's 5 things occupying my time and mind this week-

1. It snowed! A little.  Saturday we woke up to a very light dusting of snow but it was our first snow in a whole year so we got out of bed early and put on our warm clothes over our PJs and went to play. Five minutes in Miss Mae remembered she hates the snow and went back inside because she was miserable but the first born was all about it. If we didn't have somewhere to be he could have stayed out there until it melted. Definitely his daddy's yankee son. Al is my southern belle.



2. The Circus. Tickets to the circus were a gift to our kids from my MIL this past Christmas. It's not something that I'd personally buy tickets for because the animals make me sad and I don't want to put my money into supporting that kind of thing, but the people parts of the circus are rad. It would be cool if they'd just get rid of the animal parts and have it be all people doing cool stuff. The kids had a good time and I hope they enjoyed it because we are never taking them back to a place where cotton candy costs 14 dollars and a snow cone costs 12. Seriously.

3. Alice is turning 5 soon. In 3 months my baby turns 5. I don't know how that happened. I don't know how I blinked and she grew up. She's the sassiest thing I've ever seen and I could just spread her on a cracker and eat her. I will be counting down the days to her birthday very bitter sweetly. I'm so excited for year 5. She gets to go to school for the first time! But 5 has always seemed like a big deal to me and she's leaving the baby years.






4. What we're reading. My latest book is Divergent, which I've been meaning to read for ages. I happened to see it sitting on a shelf at the library so I grabbed it up before I could forget about it again. I've even kept myself away from the movies so that I could do the books first, because that's what I prefer. Al and I are still deep into some Mercy Watson books and Junie B. Jones and Ollie and I have started with a new Rick Riordan series now that we're done with Percy Jackson. We've got The Lost Hero and we're enjoying it. I like his love of Greek mythology. It's pretty cool.

5. Weekend plans. This weekend we're gonna party so hard. We're gonna get wild and crazy. We're gonna turn up that music so loud. We're gonna get crunk. No but really... we're going to clean a lot and maybe go to the library in the morning. The house is a wreck and both kids need to clean their bedrooms and I have like 5 loads of laundry to do so we'll be staying in. We really turn up the music super loud though because that's how I like to clean. While dancing and singing.

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment