Monday, January 4, 2016

Why Not?


Husband and I have been talking about this new year we find ourselves in and all of the possibilities. We are blessed every January with a new beginning. The Earth begins another rotation. We can step over the threshold and onto a clean slate. What will we choose to do with this new chapter? What choices can we make to feel better, do better, love better. How can we live our best lives and be our best selves. We've talked out our goals, both individually and as a family, and we've talked about having a special motto or word to help motivate us.

He has decided his motto will be JUST DO IT and let Shia Labeouf be his spirit guide for the year and although we are only 4 days into this new year, it's working for him! When he finds himself unable to make a decision or doubting himself he just says JUST DO IT and goes for it and it's helping him. I think that's pretty neat! And it gives us endless opportunities to do our Shia impressions.

I've just this morning decided on mine. Why not? To everything I will reply 'why not'. I want to fall in love with my life. Why not read all children's literature all day, every day? Why not go for a walk every day? Why not do yoga every day? Why not have a Harry Potter marathon and eat only Harry Potter recipes for a week straight? Why not do the things that make me happy and healthy whenever I feel like doing them. I don't want to regret anything. So WHY NOT.

We've just stepped into this brand new, shiny new year that is bubbling over with possibility. Another 12 months of blissful chaos. Why not try to make every day count and make everything as happy and full of love and light as possible. There are things I've always wanted to do. I've always wanted to run a 5K but I kept holding back waiting to be in better shape. But WHY NOT run a 5K NOW? I've always wanted to make a yoga a daily practice but I keep putting it off out of total laziness and feeling like there isn't enough time in my day. Why not go for it and make it a habit and carve out some time for myself? I always want to make library trips with my girl a weekly tradition so that we have something fun to do when our boys are away but I always hold back from it because of my anxiety and just end up going on Saturdays with Husband. But why not go and do it and have those fun memories to look back on with Alice when she's grown up?

So maybe this year we all ask ourselves why not or we find our inner Shia and just do it. Go for it. Live the life you want. What's stopping you? What holds you back? If the answer is yourself, maybe you can change that. That's my hope for this year. I want to go for it every day. Because why the hell not.



No comments:

Post a Comment