5. Tales From Deckawoo Drive (Kate DiCamillo)- Following some supporting characters from the Mercy Watson series, these books are just as fun and and colorful as the piggy tales.
6. Beezua and Ramona (Beverly Cleary)- A witty, imaginative, joyfully engaging read that anyone with a sibling can relate to.
7. Fantastic Mr. Fox (Roald Dahl)- Follow Mr. Fox on his clever adventure to outwit the farmers in this brief 96 pages and use your voice acting chops to play it up and make it extra fun.
8. The Princess in Black (Shannon and Dean Hale)- One of my personal favorites because it tosses aside the boring idea of what a princess should be and introduces a fun, kick ass princess that is gorgeously displayed in vivid colorful illustrations.
9. Emma and the Blue Genie (Cornelia Funke)- Another book full of colorful illustrations that depict an adventure between a girl and her dog and the genie she finds washed up on the beach.
The BFG (Roald Dahl)- A hilariously ridonculous fantastical tale of a girl and the Big Friendly Giant that kids laugh out loud to and can't get enough of. (Bonus- read it now and watch the movie when it comes out!)