Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow and Ice and everything... sort of nice

I'm upfront about the fact that I hate winter. I hate the cold. I am a southern girl at heart and I can't stand seeing my breath, shivering, wearing layers, putting the kids in tons of clothes, keeping track of hats and gloves and scarves, etc. Summer is so much more laid back to me, haha! Minimal dressing, slap on a pair of flip flops to head out the door, done.

That isn't to say I don't find the magic in winter. I love the way ice looks. Good thing too since the south had it's fair share of it this year! We really don't get a lot of ice and such and I think people up North believe that we're insane or crazy because of how all hell breaks loose down here when it snows even a tiny bit, but the fact is that we're just no equipped to deal with it! We don't have plows, we don't know how to drive in that weather, we tend to have rolling power outages from things like ice and it can be quite stressful and scary.

We once again had snow and ice last week. The kids went off to stay with my parents for a couple of days so the husband and I had some romantic snowed in days to ourselves, which was really lovely and cuddly.



It was crazy pretty. Even though I was freezing my buns off.

 
 
We went for a lovely long walk once the ice had melted a bit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love how snow immediately makes perfect light for taking photos.
 
 
 
 
Alice Mae was very impressed with herself for making foot prints. She thought that was the coolest thing ever. Until of course she realized she could use the small lines of ice on the road as a sort of tight rope. Alice Mae walks the line.
 
 



 
As lovely as it was, I am definitely ready for Spring. I see buds on the trees outside and I am planning our first garden at our own home. Dreaming of ripe tomatoes straight off the vine and the kids annual strawberry garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment