Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's Up/Currently

 It has been raining for a week now and shows no signs of stopping.





For a while the rain was peaceful and refreshing. Nothing better than a good curl up on the couch with a book and the drip drip drop of rain outside, right? Except now it has been so long and the ground is all mushy and there is flooding and we are stuck in the house and it's just getting silly. Where was all of this rain during the summer when it was dry and hot as hell?

Fall is here! I can't believe it's the last day of September. It's still warm here. No Autumn crispness for us. Still, the little lady and I are enjoying starting our mornings off with hot cocoa every day. Lots of marshmallows and sprinkles on top.




We are gearing up for a wedding in the family in a week. So much to knock off of my to do list!

I've already made a bunch of October plans and I'm waiting anxiously like a little kids for it to finally roll around and the fun to begin. There are pumpkin patches to explore and Halloween food to make and a costume to sew and Boo at the Zoo and the annual Halloween festivities at the art museum and of course trick or treating!

To kick off  October we are making chocolate covered apples. Om nom nom.

Probably my most exciting Halloween plans are that the guy I married and I are going to a haunted house. I have never been to one! I'm already scared.

This popped up in my memories on Facebook today and I could just burst. I remember this night. Alice was only 2 and she said 'nigh nigh, seat tight, no bugs to bite'. Translation 'Night night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!'.




We are probably going apple picking again this weekend because my mom loved it so much. To be honest, I have so much to do to get ready for the wedding and I'm a little stressed at the thought of driving all the way to the orchard and spending hours there and driving all the way back but I couldn't say no because my mom doesn't get out to do fun stuff often and I love that she loves it so much. Making memories.

Alice is obsessed with learning to spell and turning her S's into snakes.


As I was finishing this up I saw the first rays of sun we've had for a week. Golden first morning light. The best kind. Happy Wednesday. Check out the link up!




4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your sunlight! It feels like it's been overcast for a while around here. This morning being extra gloomy!
    I hope everything goes well for the wedding this weekend! And enjoy the apple picking with your mom!! :)
    Thanks for linking up with Jessi and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too jealous! It only lasted about 32 seconds. :P

      Delete
  2. sooo much rain and so much more on the way! Our house could be listed as waterfront! haha Thanks for linking up with us today! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just keeps coming down for us too! I hope you see some sunshine soon!

      Delete