Thursday, June 25, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy birthday to meeeeeee!!!
 

It was actually yesterday. I turned 28! I don't feel any older. Maybe it takes a few days to kick in.

I am not a huge fan of my own birthdays. Family drama problems. For some reason, over the span of my entire life, my family has gone nuts around my birthday every year. Some sort of weird heat craziness maybe? But it always happens and so I have started to dread my birthday. If it were up to me I wouldn't even acknowledge it. But I have a beautiful husband who wants to make me feel special and he always manages to make me happy, even on my birthday.

Yesterday he stayed home from work so that he could be with us. It was really lovely of him. It was such a laid back day. Relaxation. We spent the morning lounging around and he made me a big lovely breakfast of grits and sunny side up eggs (just the yolks, my favorite parts!) and smoked sausage. The kids literally showered me with homemade cards. They had me lay down and the poured a dozen cards all over me. I loooooved it. They were the cutest cards! Ollie even drew me as a T-rex. Peter gave me my gifts, which consisted of a gorgeous pack of crochet hooks complete with their own case, new scissors and a pack of colored pencils and a pack of graph paper for help in designing my new crochet addiction- graphgans.

 

 

Then we went to this week's library outing which was to a famous topiary garden in our area. It was my first time going and it was beautiful! I had been looking forward to seeing it for a while.




And obviously there was a trip to the library. Because my perfect day always involves the library.



There was a delicious lunch of hollah bread spread with Dijon mustard, brie cheese, fresh tomato slices and red onion slices and then grilled. I forgot to take a pic but just use your imagination and drool.

Dinner was a winner. My favorite grilled curry chicken with sour cream curry sauce. I <3 curry.


And to finish out the day, I had ice cream cake for the first time! It was scrumptious.

 

I felt very loved and special. Happy birthday to me! I'm excited for a new year and new possibilities and to work on my 30 before 30 bucket list. Only 2 more years to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment