Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Ruth Lapghan

My husband works in a little office with a lady named Ruth. Recently Ruth found out she had cancer (for the 2nd time) and has been going through radiation treatments and I wanted to make her a little something to show that we are thinking of her. The birth of the Ruth Lapghan.





The Ruth Lapghan
V-stitch with Picot border
Colors- Impeccable Loops and Threads in Aran, Soft Fern and Forest
Size H hook


It's just a V-stitch blanket. Super easy. I made it as wide as my lap and from the floor to my belly button to give plenty of room for stuffing it under her feet if she wants.

The edging is as follows-

Single crochet around the entire blanket, putting 2 SC in each DC post on the sides and (2 SC, CH 1, 2 SC) in each corner. Slip stitch to join when you've gone all the way around. Then repeat the following- chain 2, SC into the 2nd chain from hook, slip stitch to the next stitch of the blanket, slip stitch in next stitch, SC in next stitch and chain 2, etc.

I really love this blanket and these colors. Olive green is her favorite color so I wanted to include that. After starting I realized that Peter's blanket had similar colors and the next blanket I'm making will have the same greens and cream! Popular colors. But since they are so pretty, it's no wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment