Friday, March 20, 2015

Hello Spring!


This is absolutely my favorite time of the year. Spring wakes me up. I'm my most dreary and dry skinned and grumpy in the winter and then Spring shows up and the trees bloom overnight and the rain brings the daffodils out and birds are chirping all day and it's like a yummy, long stretch. I love the smells, the rain, the flowers, the tree blossoms, the warmth. Windows open, sunlight streaming in or the pitter pat of rain outside, dreaming of the beach soon. It has always been funny to me that my name is April. Was it fate that my parents named me that and I turned out to be just the kind of person who comes the most alive in Spring?

We welcomed Spring with some dirt cupcakes. I highly recommend them. Alice is obsessed with these solely for the gummy worms. I don't think she has even tried the cupcake. She just looooves that they have gummy worms. So much so that I have given her all of mine off of my cupcakes. She is asking if she can have worm cupcakes for her birthday so we might have to make that happen.


I used my favorite new frosting recipe. It's amazing and easy. It is literally just a small package of any flavor instant pudding and 2 cups of whipping cream. You just mix it until it's stiff. So easy! So yummy! It's like a delicious mousse. It's not very sweet so I add a couple of tablespoons of sugar sometimes. Mmmm.

I can't believe it's nearing the end of March. Wasn't it just Christmas? In just 3 weeks we'll be making a trip to the beach to celebrate Alice Mae's 4th birthday with Husband's family. We'll have Easter before that! Husband and I were joking that we have to be lazy these next couple of weekends because after this we don't have any free weekends for months. Between birthdays, baby showers, babies and wedding stuff, our plates are full. I'm going to be extra lazy this weekend now that I have the excuse. Bring on Saturday and my day to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment