Wednesday, March 18, 2015

February Makes and WIPs

 
Other than working on blankets for my littles, February was not filled with a lot of crocheting. Much less than January for sure. The only things I really finished up were some Harry Potter Gryffindor house gloves, some 11th Doctor inspired gloves and that gorgeous round ripple baby blanket. Pretty cute stuff though!
 
 
 

 


Not a lot of WIPs this week, either. Just blankets. As usual!

I'm still around the same place with both kiddo blankets as my last update. I have to catch up on Ollie's, and Alice's hasn't been picked up this month yet. I have so many baby blankets to make. People have to stop getting pregnant so that my fingers get a break. I started a lovely little blanket for my niece-to-be and I'm so excited about it.


 
Size I hook
Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink
 
I chained 92, single crocheted in the 2nd chain from hook and each chain across (91 stitches), chained 2 and turned, then sc, hdc, dc altogether in the first chain, skip 2 stitches, sc hdc dc in the next stitch. Do this all the way across and end with a single crochet on the last stitch. Chain 2, turn, do it all over again until you get the length you want. The width is easily adjustable by just changing your starting chain. You just need a multiple of 3 plus 2. So say you wanted a smaller baby blanket for the car seat. You could chain 60 + 2 = 62 and blammo. Easy peasy, right? I love this stitch. It's so textured. I used it making a little wallet type thing last week and was just like YES this is the perfect feminine stitch for my baby blanket.
 
My plans for this blanket are to make a fairly large one, one that can be used for the baby for a good while. I'm going to add a navy blue border because their nursery colors are pink and navy blue. I think the combination will be beautiful.
 
No plans for any other makes right now. Just trying to get through what I have! Blankets are a lot of work. I think today I'll pick up Alice's blanket and try to have it done by the end of the month so that April will be more free for crafting endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment