Friday, April 24, 2015

FO Friday

The past week has been pretty hardcore on my anxiety. I am not sure exactly what is up, it could have something to do with medication, but I have been really anxious on a regular basis. Especially last Thursday and Friday. I decided the remedy was picking up a crochet hook and making some small things. Potholders won out and that is how my wall of potholders was born.


 
The cherry potholder I made up as I went and the granny square one as well. At some point soon I will try to have a tutorial up on them.
 
 
I enjoyed it so much and it did such good for my anxiety that I decided to go ahead and make some more. My mom had seen these and loved them so I thought I'd make her some fun, fresh colored ones for Mother's Day. I like to get a jump on things, if you can't tell.
 
 

 


This isn't a potholder pattern but I just did the mandala up to round 7 and then made a double crochet back for it (same as the African flower mandala potholder pattern) and then single crocheted them together and made the edge with *sc, hdc, hdc, sc, slip stitch into next 2 stitches, repeat*.
 
I'm so happy with them and I can't wait to give them to mom in a couple of weeks. I think I might make a couple of dishcloths to go with them and buy her a plant of some sort.
 
 
And that's it for me this week. We're gearing up for the daughter's birthday, which I am so excited for but also spending a lot of time with big fat tears in my eyes over how my baby is growing up so fast. That's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment