Friday, April 10, 2015

FO Friday- MORE BLANKETS

Apparently blankets are all I make anymore. I'm okay with that.

This week I have been finishing up a blanket for my soon to be born niece. I wanted to have it ready when I see the in-laws this weekend. And it's done!


The nursery colors are set to be pink and navy blue so I just went with that. A simple, frilly ruffled border seemed the best. Super simple-

Single crochet around the edge in the same color as the blanket, 3 single crochets in each corner.
Join new color, chain 1 and single crochet around the blanket, 3 single crochets in each corner . Slip stitch into first single crochet.
Chain 3, two double crochets in each stitch around, 4 double crochets in each corner, join with a slip stitch.
Chain 3, 2 double crochets in first stitch, 1 double crochet in next. Three double crochets in each corner. Join with a slip stitch.
Continue in this pattern until it's as thick as you want. Example- the next round would be Chain 3, 2 double crochets in first stitch, 1 double crochet in next 2 stitches, repeat. Continue with 3 double crochets in each corner. Join with a slip stitch and chain 3.
 

 


Look at that gorgeous texture. Yum.


And the frills. Double yum. I love this blanket. It turned out just as good as I'd hoped.

And in great news- I finished Alice's blanket! I actually finished this up about a week ago but I haven't gotten around to any good pictures yet. I am going to make her bed with it today, maybe. I'll try to snag some good ones.

For now, a lovely tease of the border and the larksfoot pattern. Love love love.




Happy weekend! We are going to have the first of Alice's birthday celebrations on Saturday. We're having an early get together with his family (her birthday isn't until the end of the month) because the sister in-law is due very soon. Trying to beat the baby timer. We're all very excited to eat pizza and hang with our best girl and shower her with birthday wishes. Don't get me started about her being nearly 4. *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment