Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Happenings

First of all, happy Star Wars day!



This weekend was rough for the most part. It didn't feel like a proper weekend. Mostly because Friday ended with me calling the emergency doctor at my office and having to get prescriptions for my devil bleeding.

In short- I started my cycle and was really pumped for it. It started pretty normally. Then on Monday my period turned into that hardcore bleeding I'd been having the month before (when I had to be put on hormone pills to stop it). It wasn't  any worse so I felt okay. Tuesday it took a turn for the worse. TMI warning. Seriously. Lots of vagina bleeding talk. I started bleeding through a pad every couple of hours. Mostly it was a gravity issue. If I remained seated, I was okay. As soon as I stood up- gush. Then it turned into an hourly thing of changing my pad.

On Friday I was gushing a couple of times an hour and each gush was enough to make me change my pad. So I was changing my pad a couple of times an hour. It was awful and also very scary. I was home alone with the kiddo and freaking out. I started feeling light headed and spacey, so I asked husband to come home and he did. I immediately called my NP's office, which was CLOSED and that made my panic.

After a few hours I called the emergency doctor, who was very concerned, and got prescribed some hormonal pills to help the bleeding. If it didn't stop by the next evening I was under strict orders to go to the ER and get checked out. In hindsight, I probably should have gone on Friday. I felt awful. I downplayed it to husband a lot but I'd clearly lost a good bit of blood.

The pills worked though, thankfully. By last night I was barely spotting. I even felt totally fine all of yesterday and was able to get up and take the nerds out to a movie.

The big bummer of this is that it ruins me for this cycle. My hormones are going to be all confused and jacked up from these pills so I can't get my fertility blood work done next week. I am pretty upset about that. I'll have to call this week and make an appointment with my doctor to find out what's going on with my period so that next time it's normal and not almost landing me in the hospital.

What a bummer of a weekend! I call a redo! Husband worked Saturday morning and then had a work function Saturday night so we really only had yesterday. Suckage. At least we got to see the new Avengers movie! Silver lining and all that.

Of course, I woke up this morning with some sort of congested sickness. Figures. I am not feeling great. Probably looking at another couple of days and being lazy on the couch and watching a lot of TV so that my body can keep getting well.

No comments:

Post a Comment