Friday, January 2, 2015

Oh, Hey Friday! 2015, Baby.

Oh, Hey Friday and Happy 2015! This new year snuck up on me, I've gotta say. Now that it's here, lets get down to biddness.

MY 5- NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS/GOALS


1. YES PLEASE- Amy Poehler is my spirit guide and I have decided that this year I will say YES more. “Saying “yes” doesn’t mean I don’t know how to say no, and saying “please” doesn’t mean I am waiting for permission.”  Yes to adventures, to road trips, to play dates, to learning something new, to all the things. Bring it on. Lets do this. Yes yes yes.

2. HAPPINESS PROJECT- I'll post more about this next week but I've started my own Happiness Project and I want to stick with it. I need this.

3. READING- I love books and I have so many that were bought and haven't been read yet. I want to take the time for myself and read things that I love more often. Luckily I'm still an excellent reader to my kids! We read all the time. But I'd like to work on reading at least 25 books myself. And my goal with the first born is 1 chapter book per month. I think these are fairly easily attainable goals.

4. EXERCISING- This is part of this month's Happiness Project (move more) but I want to make it a really Big Important goal. I want to learn some new things, enjoy myself when I'm exercising and get healthy. I've made myself a special chart for the month to help me get in the habit and I have some pretty easy goals in mind. Move for at least 15 minutes a day and stick with some sort of exercising challenge, probably something like x amount of squats, crunches, jumping jacks etc each day. I'm all about that gold star so I think having a chart to mark will help me. And it's all about a future baby bump. Motivation!

5. BUDGET-  Important important important. We do well but we could do better. I have specific goals in mind like not eating out very often, having a weekly menu plan, putting money into savings. Budgeting will relieve so much stress in our lives. So why not do it!


I think I'll post every month or 2 about my resolutions and keep up with them. Hold myself accountable. It will also help me with things to write about!

Happy New Year! Lets do this one right. Bring it, 2015. All good things, all good things.



No comments:

Post a Comment