Wednesday, February 25, 2015

August Comicon

Something I haven't really blogged about yet! At the beginning of January I was invited to be a vendor at a brand spankin' new Comicon in my state and after about a month long wait I got the official invite this month! That means I have A LOT to do between now and August but I think it's really doable as long as I keep myself in check and stick to a schedule.

A comicon is right up my alley. I'm such a nerdy nerd and I love all things nerdy and this is just an excuse to make things that I love making anyway!

I'm still working up ideas for things and brainstorming and using the next month or so to work out the kinks in patterns and figure out what exactly it is that I want to make/can make.

One of the things I am thinking of is fingerless gloves in a variety of nerdy styles. I've worked up 2 that I REALLY love and I've added them to my Etsy shop!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a fan girl and my top 2 fandoms are Doctor Who and Harry Potter. So naturally those were the first places my mind went.


 
My Who gloves are inspired by the 11th Doctor. Because bowties are cool. I've seen some like this around the internet and thought they were an excellent idea. The current HP gloves are Gryffindor inspired, obviously, and I'm going to add some for each house as I get the yarn.
 

I am really pleased with these! They are pretty nice for a first try, I think. Gloves are generally pretty easy, although I won't lie- making the 11th Doctor gloves weren't that quick and easy at first. The glove itself with easy peasy! But I went through 2 different sizes for the bowtie before liking what I ended up with and it was my first time surface slip stitching on my crochet so there was some trial and error. Worth it! It turned out awesome. I seriously love them

My list for nerdy things to try out and make this week- a snitch ornament and a pair of Slytherin house gloves. I'm a busy Queen bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment